TYPOGRAPHY - PROJECT 1


25/09/19 - 02/10/19 (Week 5)
Phoebe Ansel (0340165)
Typography
Project 1

LECTURE

Week 5
There was no lecture this week.

Week 6
There was no lecture this week.





INSTRUCTIONS



PROJECT 1

This was our first project for our Typography class. We were asked to create a 2 page editorial spread with the option of 3 different texts. We were also given specific typefaces to choose from. We used adobe illustrator to create the spreads and adobe in design to create the headline.

This was the headline I created:
fig 1.1: headline 

I created several different layouts as well.

fig 1.2: screenshot of my artboard (attempt 1)

fig 1.2: screenshot of my artboard (attempt 2)

fig 1.3: screenshot of my artboard (attempt 3)

After showing my work to Mr Vinod and Mr Shamsul, I decided to go with the layout I created on my 3rd attempt. However I made a mistake and did not make the bodies of text connected so I had to fix that. I also made the font smaller to make it look more even, and rotated the headline. 

fig 1.4: final result in jpeg



fig 1.5: final result in pdf


FEEDBACK

Week 5
General Feedback: All bodies of text must be connected, instead of creating separate text boxes.


Week 6
General Feedback: We were advised to get a mouse.
Specific Feedback: Fonts must be smaller to make the layout more even looking.




REFLECTIONS

Experience:
I struggled to come up with various layouts as well as creating a headline that would express the meaning of the text. After many trials and errors, I finally came up with 3 layouts.

Observations:
In the beginning, I struggled with using in design and coming up with ideas, but after a while I managed to get used to it.

Findings:
I realized that there were so many more different layouts that could have been designed using in design.




FURTHER READING

The 3D Type Book by Agathe Jacquillat, Tomi Vollauschek


fig 2.1 : cover page

This book was quite similar to the one I previously readThis book a showcase of three-dimensional letterforms ever written, featuring over 1,300 images of more than 300 projects by more than 160 emerging talents and established individuals and studios.

It showcases typography created from everyday items that we say, yet might not realize can create different typography and typefaces. Below is one of the pages I was fascinated with, 

fig 2.2: creating letters using our hands




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAJOR PROJECT

ADVANCED INTERACTIVE DESIGN - PROJECT 2

APPLICATION DESIGN II - FINAL PROJECT