GAMES DEVELOPMENT - FINAL PROJECT

Week 1 - Week 14

Phoebe Ansel (0340165)

Games Development

Final Project 


INSTRUCTIONS

 
Final Project

For our project, we were tasked to create a platformer game.

First, we had to come up with our game idea. We were given a bit of time during class to think about what game we wanted to make and then present our idea. My idea was to create a game based on one two of my favorite movies, Peter Pan and Alice in Wonderland. Initially, I wanted to make the character travel to 2 different realms, the first level would be in 'Neverland' and the second level would be in 'Wonderland'. But due to time constraints, I realized that I would not have time to design 2 realms, so I decided to only do Peterpan.

My first Proposal Slides (changes were then made in the GDD) :

 
We then went through several tutorials during class to learn the basic codes and mechanisms needed for creating a game in unity.

I also created the level design in illustrator to get a better picture of what the gameplay would look like.




Assets 

Environment 

I also started working on creating the assets in illustrator. Because the game is based on the movie/book  Peter Pan, I decided to design my environmental assets based on the movie's ambience. 

Below are my inspirations for my game's background:







game background design process on illustrator

Below are the final background assets for each level:

level one


level two


boss scene

Besides the game background, I also made several game decors and items to enhance the visual and make the gameplay more interesting. Several of the items are also used as tools to get through the level. Below is the compilation of items and platforms for the levels on illustrator:




Characters

I decided to design the characters with a "cuter" look because I felt like since Peterpan is a children's book, it would go well with the theme.

the characters creation process in illustrator


The game boss is based on Captain Hook, the villain in Peterpan, but I decided to create a "cuter" version of it. I decided to name the main character "Ashlynn", as the name Ashlynn means "dream" therefore it goes along with the game's dream storyline.

Below are the final versions of the characters:

the main character of the game, Ashlynn

character attack

character walking

character death







enemy pirate 1 attacking

enemy pirate 2 walking








captain hook attacking




Game Menu

opening menu

game over menu

game end menu



Unity Coding 

After creating all the assets, I imported them to unity and started working on the codes.

level one on unity

level two on unity

boss scene on unity







Final Result

This is the final Game Document:

 

This is the game walkthrough:

Level One
Level Two




This is the final result of the game:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAJOR PROJECT

ADVANCED INTERACTIVE DESIGN - PROJECT 2

APPLICATION DESIGN II - FINAL PROJECT