TYPOGRAPHY - FINAL COMPILATION AND REFLECTIONS


Phoebe Ansel (0340165)
Typography
Final Compilation and Reflections

INSTRUCTIONS

Exercises
Project 1
Project 2
Final Project


SUBMISSIONS

Lettering
fig 1.1: final result of the Digitalized Lettering (bright)

fig 1.2: final result of my animated lettering (bright)

Type Expressions

fig 1.3: final result of my type expressions (jpeg)



fig 1.4: final result of my type expressions (pdf)

fig 1.5: final result of my animation for the word 'explode'



Project 1

fig 1.6: final result of the layout (jpeg)




fig 1.7: final result of the layout (pdf)




Project 2

fig 1.8: final result of all my letters and punctuation


fig 1.9: 'Phoebe Regular' on a sentence (jpeg)


fig 1.10: 'Phoebe Regular' on a sentence (pdf)


Final Project


fig 1.11: final result of my poster (jpeg)




fig 1.12: final result of my poster (pdf)

fig 1.13: final result of my poster in frame

fig 1.14: final result of my poster animation


REFLECTION

Experience

Coming into this class, I did not really know what to expect. My idea of typography was calligraphy and lettering, and that was what I thought we would be doing throughout the class. However it all changed after our first lecture, this class was so much more complicated than I had expected. I experienced a lot of highs and lows throughout the entire semester. I struggled with coming up with ideas for some exercises, yet also genuinely enjoyed doing some of the exercises. Although the process of completing the exercises and projects for this class was pretty stressful and tiring, I feel accomplished to have got through the semester and I got to do lots of things I never thought I would be able to do.



Observation

Since our first-ever exercise, I noticed that people around me were struggling as well, and I realized that typography is definitely not easy. I realized that I have a better understanding of typography now, I would pay attention to the formats of the texts whenever I type, etc. I now could tell when a certain design/font will be suitable, when to use a certain design, how to make texts more interesting and readable and many more. I found myself appreciating fonts and typography more, as I now know how difficult the process is.


Findings

Throughout the semester, I found the class to be very quite challenging, as most of the exercises were works that I have never experienced before (like designing our own fonts). I think that most of the tasks require a lot of time, patience and focus, and a lot of trial and error. It definitely motivated me to try harder every time I fail a certain design, and I found myself working extra diligently for this class. I also found myself constantly thinking about how I can improve my work and became very open to any feedback that I am given. With the experiences that I gathered in this typography class for the first semester, I hope that I will be able to improve and create better designs for future modules/classes.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

MAJOR PROJECT

ADVANCED INTERACTIVE DESIGN - PROJECT 2

APPLICATION DESIGN II - FINAL PROJECT